The Post Graduate Certificate Education (PGCE)
The Trustees of Thuto Trust have partnered with the Education Department, the University of Witwatersrand (WITS) – Wits School of Education, and University of Johannesburg (UJ) towards the development of a two-year internship programme for the duration of part-time studies of the Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) .
PGCE Bursary at the WITS and UJ
The two-year part-time registration towards PGCE for 2021 at leading tertiary institutions such the University of Witwatersrand - Wits School of Education and the University of Johannesburg include a:
- Two-year full-time internship programme at Thuto Trust partner schools.
- On-site exposure to diverse teaching environments & best practices
- Psychosocial mentorship
- Access to a psycho-social support programme that covers academic, mentorship, career support and self development interventions
- Participation in the Leadership Development Programme
- The qualification offers the intern teacher to teach in High School Senior Phase (Grade 7-9) as well as Further Education (FET) (Grades 10-12).
The bursary covers:
- Tuition Fees
- Books and, Living allowance
APPLICATIONS FOR 2022 ARE CLOSED
Applications for the Thuto Trust teacher development programme 2022 are closed. All available positions have been filled,
Application requirements and contact details will be provided when applications open again for 2023.
PLEASE NOTE: No new applications can/ will be accepted for 2022.