Thuto Trust, Registration Number IT5016 (T), is a Public Beneﬁt Organisation, (PBO # 930 025 255), and adheres to the regulations of the South African Revenue Service (SARS) for continuing tax exemption related to its PBO status.
The regulatory requirements of PBO’s are embedded in the Thuto Trust Deed and include ﬁnancial oversight and accountability through a dedicated Board of Trustees, and ongoing record-keeping of the beneﬁciaries of the Trust.
The Trust is engaged in ongoing, relevant monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the activities and impact of their mission. Thuto Trust has a B-BBEE Level 1 rating and is duly accountable to various stakeholders to maintain this status.
The Trust will issue a Section 18A Tax Exemption Certiﬁcate for all contributions. The Trust is engaged in ongoing, relevant monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the activities and impact of their mission.
Change the face of education today
Donate wisely... Make a difference!
By donating to the Thuto Trust, you will change the face of education in South Africa; contributing to quality teaching, improving overall education outcomes and helping to build a better skilled and educated South Africa. Funders who become involved stand to play a part in cultivating a society where education is a right, not a privilege.
Why partner with us?
- We are a registered Public Beneﬁt Organisation.
- Our beneﬁciary base consists of majority black people (100%), and 60% black females.
- Together with our partners and implementing organisations, we work to increase access to the economy through basic education, skills development, enterprise and supplier development, and socio-economic development.
- We are ideally positioned to assist in making a real difference while offering attractive B-BBEE partnerships and scorecard points for businesses.
- We are registered to provide donors with section 18A tax exemption certiﬁcate for qualifying donations, in accordance with the Income Tax Act.
DONATE AND ...
Improve your B-BBEE scorecard
Earn B-BBEE skills development points by partnering with Thuto Trust in funding our Teacher Development Programme that offers comprehensive bursaries at higher education institutions for studies towards a B.Ed. degree or a post-graduate PGCE. Thuto’s support programme also comprises includes accommodation, a living allowance, books, practical teacher training and a holistic wellness programme.
Our students study part-time during a full-time teaching internship programme at partner schools, under experienced mentors to gain valuable, practical experience.
Tax Exemption Advantages
Section 18 A Tax Exemption Certificate
Thuto Trust is an innovative education trust and a Level-1 B-BBEE, registered Public Benefit Organisation (PBO) investing in deserving young people through tertiary education bursaries.
We are also registered to issue Section 18 A tax exemption certificates.
Make your contribution and improve your company’s skills development score, receive tax exemption or add Thuto Trust to your Corporate Social Investment (CSI) programmes.
Contact Thuto Trust today to pledge your donation.
Download the attached document for a summare of B-BBEE benefits.
You can also help us through
- Gifts and Pledges
- Contributions and Donations