The B.Ed. Qualification
The Trustees of Thuto Trust have partnered with the Education Department, the University of South Africa (UNISA) and North West University (NWU) towards the development of a four-year internship for part-time study of a Bachelors of Education (B.Ed.).
Full-time Internship for B.Ed. bursaries at UNISA and NWU
The four-year part-time registration towards B.Ed for 2020-2014 at the University of South Africa (UNISA) or North West University (NWU) include a:
- Four-year full-time internship programme at Thuto Trust’s partner schools, for the duration of the four-year programme.
- On-site exposure to diverse teaching environments and best practices
- Psycho-social mentorship
- Access to a psycho-social support programme that covers academic, mentorship, career support and self development Interventions
- The B.Ed. intern teacher bursary offers an education qualification as a Foundation Phase (Grade R-3) or Intermediate phase (Grade 4-6) teacher.
- The four-year Bachelor of Education requires a Matric certificate with a Bachelor endorsement.
- Demonstrate a dedication to teaching as a career and teach at High School level
- Effective communication skills
- Bursars must be black South African citizens
- The student must be willing to register for a part-time B.Ed. with UNISA or NWU
- Ability to lead and inspire others, demonstrated by personal experience within your own community
The bursary covers:
- Tuition Fees
- Books and, Living allowance
How to Apply
APPLICATIONS FOR 2021 ARE CLOSED
Applications for the Thuto Trust teacher development programme 2021 are closed. All available positions have been filled,Please see the application requirements below for 2022.
- Acceptance letter from UNISA or NWU to study for part-time B.Ed.;
- A copy of your certified National Senior Certificate;
- Certified copies of other qualifications;
- Academic records/Transcripts;
- A copy of your certified ID;
- A written submission of no more than 500 words entitled “Teaching”;
- A video recording, no longer than 1 min, 30 seconds entitled “About Me”.