The B.Ed Qualification
The Trustees of Thuto Trust have partnered with the Education Department and the University of South Africa (UNISA) towards the development of a four-year internship for part-time study of a Bachelors of Education (B.Ed) with UNISA for the 2020-2024 academic years,
Full-time Internship for B.Ed bursaries at UNISA
The four-year part-time registration towards B.Ed for 2020-2014 at the University of South Africa (UNISA) include a:
- Four-year full-time internship programme at St Peter’s Prep School, Thuto Trust’s exclusive partner school, for the duration of the four-year programme.
- On-site exposure to diverse teaching environments and best practices
- Psycho-social mentorship
- Access to Psycho-social Support Programme that covers Academic, Mentorship, Career Support and Self Development Interventions
- The B.Ed intern teacher bursary offers an education qualification as a Foundation Phase (Grade R-3) or Intermediate phase (Grade 4-6) teacher.
- The four-year Bachelor of Education requires a Matric certificate with a Bachelor endorsement.
- Demonstrate a dedication to teaching as a career and teach at High School level
- Effective communication skills
- Bursars must be black South African citizens;
- The student must be willing to register for a part-time B.Ed with UNISA
- Ability to lead and inspire others, demonstrated by personal experience within your own community
The bursary covers:
- Tuition Fees
- Books and, Living allowance
How to Apply
Please take note: Thuto Trust will not accept any bursary applications for 2021. A notification will posted to the site and social media should this change.Download Bursary Application Form
Please ensure you have the following information ready to be attached with your application
- Acceptance letter from UNISA to study for part-time B.Ed
- A copy of your certified National Senior Certificate;
- Certified copies of other qualifications;
- Academic records/Transcripts;
- A copy of your certified ID;
- A written submission of no more than 500 words entitled “Teaching”;
- A video recording, no longer than 1 min, 30 seconds entitled “About Me”.