The Post Graduate Certificate Education (PGCE)
The Trustees of Thuto Trust have partnered with the Education Department, the University of Witwatersrand (WITS) – Wits School of Education, and University of Johannesburg (UJ) towards the development of a two-year internship programme for the duration of part-time studies of the Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) for the 2020/2021 academic year.
PGCE Bursary at the WITS and UJ
The two-year part-time registration towards PGCE for 2021 at leading tertiary institutions such the University of Witwatersrand - Wits School of Education and the University of Johannesburg include a:
- Two-year full-time internship programme at Thuto Trust partner schools.
- On-site exposure to diverse teaching environments & best practices
- Psycho-social mentorship
- Access toa psycho-social support programme that covers academic, mentorship, career support & self development interventions
- Participation in the Leadership Development Programme
- The qualification offers the intern teacher to teach in High School Senior Phase (Grade 7-9) as well as
Further Education (FET) (Grader 10-12).
The bursary covers:
- Tuition Fees
- Books and, Living allowance
APPLICATIONS FOR 2021 ARE CLOSED
Applications for the Thuto Trust teacher development programme 2021 are closed. All available positions have been filled,
Please see the application requirements below for 2022.
- Acceptance letter from WITS, or UJ to study for part-time PGCE;
- A copy of your certified Bachelors Degree;
- Certified copies of other qualifications;
- Academic records/Transcripts;
- A copy of your certified ID;
- A written submission of no more than 500 words entitled “Teaching”;
- A video recording, no longer than 1 min, 30 seconds entitled “About Me”.