The Post Graduate Certificate Education (PGCE)
The Trustees of Thuto Trust have partnered with the Education Department and the University of Witwatersrand (WITS) – Wits School of Education, towards the development of a two-year internship programme for the duration of part-time studies of the Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) for the 2020/2021 academic year.
PGCE Bursary at the University of Witwatersrand (Wits)
The two-year part-time registration towards PGCE for 2021 at one of the leading Tertiary Institutions, the University of Witwatersrand - Wits School of Education include a:
- Two-year full-time internship programme at Roedean and St’ John’s College, both Thuto Trust partner schools.
- On-site exposure to diverse teaching environments & best practices
- Psycho-social mentorship
- Access to Psycho-social Support Programme that covers Academic, Mentorship, Career Support & Self Development Interventions
- Participation in the Leadership Development Programme
- The qualification offers the intern teacher to teach in High School Senior Phase (Grade 7-9) as well as
Further Education (FET) (Grader 10-12).
The bursary covers:
- Tuition Fees
- Books and, Living allowance
Please take note: bursary applications for PGCE will open fOctober 2021. Thuto Trust will only select five succesful applicants for the 2021 academic year. The latest application form will be uploaded nearer to the time of applications opening.!--Download Bursary Application Form-->
Please ensure you have the following information ready to be attached with your application
- Acceptance letter from WITS to study for part-time PGCE;
- A copy of your certified Bachelors Degree;
- Certified copies of other qualifications;
- Academic records/Transcripts;
- A copy of your certified ID;
- A written submission of no more than 500 words entitled “Teaching”;
- A video recording, no longer than 1 min, 30 seconds entitled “About Me”.